Search Feed The Iron

Friday, July 18, 2014

Do you track the water you drink during the day?

This is what I drank yesterday: 8.790 Liters (297 fl oz) of liquids. And it wasn't my workout day (usually I drink 2 liters just during my 1-hour workout). 

And guess what..
I didn't spend the whole day in the bathroom.
I didn't woke up with +8.7 kilos.
I sweat, but not excessively to get my clothes wet.
So, what does this mean?
It simply means that it's hot and we need water more than ever. Just during the night sleep our body releases up to 2 liters of water through perspiration.

Many people drink barely 1 liter (33 oz) of liquids a day. That IS NOT ENOUGH! Water is vital for our body! The human body can last weeks without food, but only days without water. The body is made up of 50 to 75 per cent water and our body needs water to function properly. When you are thirsty, it's already late... your body is already dehydrated!

Symptoms of dehydration
thirst
headaches
lethargy
mood changes and slow responses
dry nasal passages
dry or cracked lips
dark-colored urine
weakness
tiredness
confusion and hallucinations

"The capacity to perform high-intensity exercise, which results in exhaustion within a few minutes, is reduced by as much as 45% (!!) by prior dehydration corresponding to a loss of only 2.5% of body weight in water (Sawka, Young, Cadarette, et al. 1985). 

No comments:

Post a Comment